Protein smoothies and shakes are getting more and more popular and for good reasons. Protein smoothies are an easy and refreshing way to get your daily protein fix – which is why we developed our two protein-packed smoothies Fruitasia and The Veggie-Nator.
Protein is an incredibly important macronutrient that helps build muscle, repair tissues and makes enzymes and hormones. It’s basically one of the building blocks of bone, muscle and skin.
Eating protein helps you feel fuller for longer, helping you to resist snacking – so it can help you maintain a healthy weight too. Post training it helps you to not only build muscle but also repair damaged muscles and tissue– hence some research suggests it's best to get your protein in after you exercise.
Tryptophan – one of the building blocks of protein – may also help ease depression. In a society where more and more people suffer from mental health protein is a vital part of any diet.
So what makes our protein smoothies - Fruitasia and The Veggie-Nator – so special?
- They are officially high in protein! We’ve created them so that 20% of the energy you get from one serving comes from protein.
- They are 100% pure and natural - we use high quality and completely pure protein pellets Some protein supplements are known to contain heavy metals such as lead and arsenic; our protein pellets of course contain absolutely no nasties.
- We use whey protein – This water soluble milk protein is very popular among athletes as it is a complete protein. It has all the amino acids that the human body requires from food and the body can absorb it quickly and easily.
- They contain chlorella which delivers a heap of good things! It binds to heavy metals, aiding detox, boosts your immune system, acts as an anti-oxidant, can help regulate blood pressure and blood sugars and may also help improve cholesterol levels.
- They contain spirulina, another nutritional powerhouse! Spirulina is very high in protein and vitamins and can help with gut health, cholesterol, blood pressure and metabolism.
- -They are packed with nutrient rich fruit and veg and contain manganese, vitamin C, folate and of course fibre.
- -They are yummy! Fruitasia is brimming with blueberry, blackberry, banana, strawberry and hemp (check). The Veggie-Nator – which won a Gold at this year’s Great Taste Awards is a green dream full of spinach, kale broccoli, passionfruit, mango and banana. The award judges reckoned it was enticing, zesty and ‘blissfully smooth’! Yum!
If you want to give them a try you can shop for them at Ocado – follow the link here https://www.ocado.com/search?entry=love%20smoothies
Love Taste Team x